Thursday, September 17, 2009

What is the deal...Seriously

Just to let you know, this is a total vent session for me...and my feelings may be intensified due to the fact that I am tired and therefore grumpy.

Today, in one of my classes, I learned that a barely 16 year old in my school is PREGNANT. So again I ask, WHAT IS THE DEAL??? Even if I weren't trying everything in the doctor's power to get pregnant I would still be spitting fire right now. I mean what is with the world? Where are the parents? What is going on??? When is this going to stop??

I do realize that even with parental involvement kids will still make their own choices when parents aren't present, but @ 14 and 15 years old they should be worrying about getting their driver's licenses not how they are going to afford a baby and make it through to graduation. None of these kids, as far as I know, can afford their own cell phone, let alone a child.

Not only that but then when I had the girl in my class this afternoon, her friends were all like "Oh, I hope its a girl" and "Oh, look at your belly" etc...excuse me while I vomit.... So, of course, I pulled them aside and reminded them that the classroom is not the appropriate place to be discussing such matters, but what I wanted to say was not nearly that nice. The Lord was surely with me because if not I would have definitely let my opinions be known and would have probably gotten fired.

Last year one of the seniors got pregnant and downed a handful of BC pills to give herself a miscarriage and one of the juniors got pregnant and had an abortion. I am just really disgusted over the entire matter.

This type of behavior is effecting younger and younger children...CHILDREN...at some point the people in the generations are going to have to stand up and realize that the lives that their parents lived were not right and make better choices to put society back on track. If people would just open their bibles and read God's word and what He wants for us, how happy, safe, and content He wants us to be and just follow His requests, their lives would be so much better.

It just isn't that hard to do.

2 comments:

Dana said...

It's a constant struggle for me, fighting the pressure that I feel is out there for my girls to grow up too quick. I was shocked last year when Emma was in Kindergarten and little boys were claiming her as their girlfriend. As innocent as that all might seem, I feel like when we're promoting that sort of thing to our children, we send a message to them early on that something is wrong with them if they don't. If I could have my way, they would be totally secure in both God's love and their daddy's love enough that they wouldn't start looking for that type of relationship until they are ready to get married.

Having said that, I think that everyone longs to give themselves to another exclusively and that desire is magnified by the hormones and emotions that these teenage girls (and boys) experience. I was one of those girls. I just happened to have not got caught. My sister on the other hand was not that lucky or actually, maybe she was. Though it wasn't what my parents would have planned for her, once things were put into motion, she was surrounded by love and support by those around her and I believe that she, having my nephew, was the best thing that ever happened to her.

I know that the situation has to be particularly hard for you with what you are facing right now but I do have to wonder if maybe God has put you in a very specific place in a very specific time because perhaps, these girls might not have the support at home that my sister did. And, with you having them on your heart, you might be the person that can help them learn that though it will be challenging, they can still go on and achieve their dreams they just might have to take a slightly different road that will undoubtedly have a few more bumps than it would otherwise have had.

Sort of related but not different, I'm thinking about you today.

I love you
Blessings,
Dana

Anonymous said...

I feel that if parents actually made these girls' life STOP when they find out they are Preggo and not raise the babies for them it wouldn't seem so glorious and fun to their friends which in turn makes them want one too!! imagine if they always complained to their friends about all the crying and diaper changing and all the money..do they know what diapers cost?? lol there goes the prom dress...
Elizabeth