Friday, September 4, 2009

Good Lord, Help Me to Remember...Joyfully


My prayers of late have not revolved around a child lost or a child desired, but a man-child present. Trystan.

Trystan, Trystan, Trystan. WOW there is so much to say about my guy. I love him. There aren't even words to explain this...he holds my heart.


He drives me crazy. One minute he is asking how my day went while fixing me a drink at dinner time and the next he is bawling because he wants to do an assignment HIS way instead of the right way.


He is growing up to be a really good son, grandson, brother, and friend. He mows his Great Grandpa's lawn and tells him no when he tries to pay him for it. He hangs out with his big sister and his little brothers. He likes to go to lunch with his Grandma and fish and hunt with his Papa. He likes to fix things and wrestle with his Dad.

He still curls my hair in his fingers (like he did when he was a baby) if he is sitting by me while we're watching TV and he always calls me to say goodnight when he is staying at a friend's house...he even tells me he loves me.
He is soooo stuborn; but unyeilding in his beliefs and morals. He fights us tooth and nail about how things are supposed to be done and how he wants to do things, but he won't bend on his preferred bible even if they are using a different one at school.

Why all of this hulabaloo you ask...his first day of Junior High was last Thursday.

I know, right!! My baby...8lb 11oz, 20 inch long baby boy started Junior High AND he will be 13 in March. By the way, he is now measuring 5 foot even and will be nose to nose with me in only 3 inches!! Does anyone have a paper bag?!?!

Lord Help Me!

I know that all of you are laughing at me, and I am laughing too...NOW. But last Tuesday when I went to the orientation and met all of his new teachers, I thought I was going to have a panic attack and I cried the whole way home...seriously. But you'll be proud of me for what I did next...I sucked it up, put powder on to cover the tear marks, came into the house and told him how awesome Junior High is going to be this year. I saw the anxiety melt off of his face and he asked..."What do you mean?". Then I showed him all of the cool stuff that I got from the orientation. Then I waited until the next day to explain the new rules and work load!!
Needless to say the first week of school went off without a hitch. And on the second day he came home and told me how much he thinks he is going to like Junior High.

I guess I had built this milestone up in my head as some kind of doomsday. I kind of feel like my time is running out with him and if he doesn't need me anymore then what is my purpose??? I know, God will reveal that to me in His time, but while we are waiting, take a stroll down Trystan lane with me and you will see what I am remembering…and what I am so looking foward to.

















I am blessed beyond all measure for God to have gifted me with this child, now a young man, as my son.

Have a Blessed Day!!

April
















































































































































































































1 comment:

Dana said...

If it makes you feel any better, i cried through this post. I know I'll be there sooner than I want to believe!