Thursday, July 30, 2009

An easy way to toss the chemicals and go green...

If you have read my profile on the sidebar, you know that I was inspired to take the leap and start blogging by Dana at Thoughts on Life and Dirty Diapers. Dana is an awesome person whom I am lucky enough to be related to (she’s my husband’s cousin), but since visiting with her and her family in June, I have really grown to admire and love her.

Since then, I have also been inspired to rid my home of as many chemicals as possible and go green. PLEASE don’t turn up your nose at the Go Green movement, I’m not a fanatic and neither is Dana. She tries to use as many chemical free products as possible while still being frugal and realistic. She is very down to earth…pardon the pun.

She has fought endometriosis for most of her life and those effects and symptoms have been largely alleviated through removing the chemicals from her home. Aside from that, who doesn’t want a healthy and clean home for their kids; and after reading an article on what kind of effects chemicals have on our children that can be found here, I was sold. Plus most of the natural and homemade products cost sooo much less than their chemical counterparts. If you have been teetering on this decision please read the following entries to her blog here and here.

So, go check out Thoughts on Life and Dirty Diapers, where Dana just happens to be holding a giveaway that might just kick start your chemical free home.

Have a Blessed Day!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Thanks girl :). Liked the "down to earth" pun LOL. Oh and I'm totally counting you already being a follower. Love you. Hope we do get to spend time together again!