Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Call To Prayer...A Mom in Need

Have you ever felt like your world is going down an endless downward spiral?? I have, and for the past few days another mom blogger has been on my mind and in my heart. Her name is Emily and she is over at Mumblings from Troy Ohio.

I'm not sure how Emily found my blog, but she left a comment on my Why Ask Why post. From her comment I linked to her blog and started reading. What I found both touched and shocked me. See Emily had lost her baby girl, Leila, at 20 weeks and she was already blogging about what she was going through. It took me a year and a half to take that step. Emily has a husband and a little boy, Andrew, who are also dealing with the grief of loosing little Leila.

My call to you is to pray for her, send her a kind or encouraging word, let her know that she is not alone.

When I first "met" Emily, she was walking close to Jesus, leaning on Him for strength and there were glimpses of light in the darkness. But over the past weeks of following Emily, I am reminded of the many emotions that I went through right after Jacob's death and the fears of facing people. Of people looking at me and whispering to the person next to them, "hey, there's that lady who's baby died." I know too well how easy it is to let the darkness and despair come over you. The emotions are sometimes so overwhelming and it is so easy to just let the sadness overtake you and put you in a place where nothing else matters. She and her family need our prayers.

Emily, if you are reading this; here is my prayer for you...

Dear Lord, PLEASE hear my prayer for a friend that I have never met. I know that you are there with her and that you share her pain.

Please Lord, put your protective arms around Emily and infuse her with the strength that she needs. Whisper to her heart that you are there and that you hold her perfect Leila in your arms just as you are holding her.

Please Lord take her pain away and replace it with the knowledge that she will see her little girl again and with the hope that in time she will understand your ways. Let her know that she is loved and feel that she is needed.

Please Lord, lay it on other's heart to pray for her, to reach out to her and her family. Send her a person who will help her to laugh again as you sent those to me. Give that person the strength to pull her up by her bootstraps and show her how to walk again.

Please Lord, help her to overcome the fear and sadness that threaten to overcome her. Help her to open her eyes and look into the eyes of her family and know that they need her.

Please Lord, call her close to you that she may feel peace in a raging storm.

Amen
Psalms 34:4: "I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Have a Blessed Day...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I "met" Emily after she lost Leila, and I'm so glad I did. Her honesty, courage and strength are inspiring. Your prayer is beautiful!

Emmy said...

I am reading. And crying. And true, struggling right now. Not with God, I still love Him and put no blame on Him. But you were right in your comment on my last post. I'm not going to let Satan use my emotions to keep me from church. If I break down, well, so be it. I'm pretty sure they've seen it before, and they'll understand.

Thank you for this. From the bottom of my heart.

Lauren said...

April, you are an amazing inspiration. I work with Gena Seals, and she told me about your blog. She knows my husband and I have been struggling to get pregnant for some time now, and although I have kept my faith I still have my days where I just want to pitch a fit and say, "Why is this so hard?!" You are a wonderful writer, and I enjoy reading your blogs. You have been in my prayer journal, and I'll be sure to add Emily. Please keep the blogs coming! I look forward to reading them every time I sign on!
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Well said. Amen. Prayers & blessings, Nikki Green

Dana said...

Amen.. I will pray too.