Saturday, August 22, 2009

Epiphany Altered...

Alright, so maybe my epiphany was on the fanatical side...better to err on the side of caution right!?

This past Friday, I saw Dr. M to find out if I was pregnant, which I wasn't...sad face, then to have the endometrial biopsy to find out if the lining of my uterus is thickening enough to support the implanting of a baby. We find out about that next week.

After the biopsy, which I was really afraid of because everyone had told me how excruciatingly painful it was going to be but wasn't, I asked Dr. M about the studies that I had read on the Internet about ibuprofen. Here is what she said...

She has never read anything published in medical journals Which indicated that ibuprofen increased the chance of miscarriage that drastically, however, she does not recommend that her patients take ibuprofen around the time that they are ovulating because it can effect ovulation and implantation.

So, I plan to err on the side of caution and use the Epsom salt bath soak that Dana suggested and severely limit my ibuprofen intake. And I do apologize if I scared anyone half to death, but you saw the same thing I saw if you read the linked studies in my last post and I was scarred myself.

God Bless You All and Have a Blessed Day!

April

1 comment:

BASSakward Tales said...

it is ok that your epiphiany was altered...this means that you read for your own knowledge...the Bible says, "study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman needeth not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth." ok maybe God is telling us to study His book, but i think it could be applied elsewhere...also you may be on jeopardy one day and this could be the final jeopardy question or more likely some young woman read this that has been suffering with chronic pain or something and wants to get pregnant and she did not know this...you may have rightly informed one person and that makes all the difference in the world....