Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ahhh Summer....Reading by the Pool

As a little girl, I dreamed of having a family and living in a two story house with a white fence and a pool. Most of my childhood dreams did come true, but not in the ways that I expected them to and that's OK. But the one about my house was right on and one of my favorite things to do is to float in or hang out by our pool and read. I really, really love it.

Now with school coming to an end (CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES...COME ON!!!) and with my favorite past time just within reach; I am looking for good and new books to read. I am currently reading StepMonster and it is a great view on step-parenting from the perspective of a step-mother.

Up until now, I was more of a fiction book reader. I love the books that take you out of the real world and into fantastic world where anything is possible from magic carpets and love at first site to vampires and lycans. But as I grow up and am introduced to new experiences and situations, I am finding that the more topical and real life experience books are valuable too; especially, those where faith is involved.

So I am striving to broaden my reading horizons and have a book lined up for June, thanks to the Mom-tage. My friend, Dana, and her friend Holly have put together this great site with all sorts of things geared towards moms. Their newest endeavor is a monthly book clubs of sorts…check it out:

“The Mom-tage has teamed up with Zondervan Publishing to bring you monthly book chats with the industry's up-and-coming authors. At the beginning of the month, we will introduce the current month's book and author, follow mid-month with a guest post from the author, and then end the month with a book discussion with the author of the book in our chat room.”
Sign up before the end of May and you will be entered in a drawing for a copy of "Cold Tangerines", July’s book, and a drawing for 1 of 25 copies of: "The Bernstein Bears, God Loves You" !

Check out the site for more details and to register!!!

Thanks Dana and Holly for putting together this site…I plan to be an active member and to support you all the way.

Have a Blessed Day!
April

1 comment:

Dana said...

Love the new layout and the photography site! That's awesome! I didn't know that you were doing that! The pictures are wonderful too! So exciting!