Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nothing Like a Baby to Bring A Family Together

Yes, I said a baby...



Meet Sasha, our new baby girl...she is sooooo sweet and it's about time that I get to post some super cute, happy stuff here.

So here is how it went down...Rick has been hinting, well more like placing large signs everywhere, letting me know that he really wanted a lab puppy for about the last 6 to 8 months...while I, the realistic and logical one was thinking "hey I know who's gonna end up taking care of the puppy after the newness wears off...me that's who and I so don't have time for that" and employed the avoidance method. If I ignore it, maybe it'll go away and it worked...until last night.

I called my BF to let her know that I had a few things for her to pick up and she told me that she'd swing by on her way home from taking her son to look at puppies. A few weeks ago, their St. Bernard who was a bazillion years old, passed away. I was a bit surprised, but thought hey this could work for her son's birthday present as well...althoug I don't think she was intending to bring one home that night.

Later on she dropped by to pick up the items I had for her, so Rick was talking to her while I was showing the photo video that I created for the wedding reception this weekend to the bride when I hear ..."April, come down here...hurry...hurry". So I am rushing downstairs thinking that something bad had happened...and there it was...the new puppy and Trystan was holding her. Rick continues to excitedly tell me that the puppy is 1/2 Lab and 1/2 retreiver...an amazing mix of the two best kinds of dogs he assured me. Then as they are handing me the puppy and we are all cooing at it and loving the new puppy smell (seriously, I really do love the way puppies smell) he says..."AND their free!!!"

I had been pushed into the corner with the soft, fluffy, puppy and was being attacked with the pleads of the most important people in my life...what was I to say....so, I caved. An excited and victorious "Yes!" from both boys filled the air.

We got the number to the puppy person, called, they told us to come on out, and off we went...and here she is.
















We're all having a great time with her, and the best part is that she hasn't had an accident yet!!! WooHoo...more good times ahead...praise God!
Have a Blessed Day!
April

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Awww! What a cute little baby!

Dana said...

So cute! I love the picture of you too!